Thursday, March 13, 2008

Just a Little Invitation ... To A Pretty Big House

Well, I guess it had to happen.
Someone has complained.
Too cutesy, these last few challenges.
That's what he said (he knows who he is : )
in defense of his lack of participation.

So this one won't be, uh, cutesy.
No babies, no puppies.
Sigh.

So, let's say you are running for President (yep, back to the election).



Just this time, let's say they are letting the age requirement (or maybe born in the U.S.A. requirement) slide. Also the near-requirement of being rich enough to buy support. So you are running.

Let's hear your first speech.
If elected, I will do all I can to.....

Complete that thought, with 5 to 10 resolutions of your own.
It can be serious-as-a-heart-attack, tongue-in-cheek, utterly ridiculous, or a combination. You may list your commitments and stop, or you may compose a speech that would make the history books as proud as they are of Lincoln's Gettysburg Address.

You might choose to address real, major national issues -- or more fun ones that affect regular people in their daily lives.

And you don't have to think about it forever, unless you are really going for the work of art. Just put something down. Don't even give writer's block a chance!


Okay, why should we vote for you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you elect me for president, I will make sure we have lower taxes, and cheaper gas. Small town county officials will be required to have more than a third grade education to be elected. And I will let you carry liquids onto planes. Not only that, but I will raise teacher salaries, and make school days shorter. Finally, I will make it illegal for people over two hundred pounds to wear bikinis or spandex. So vote for me! You know you want to...
-Catherine W-