Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Rhyme Time



I love the cartoon characters! I have a plan for another challenge later on.
But for now..... It's poetry time again.

This time, I want you to come up with a few lines of poetry with an AABB rhyme scheme. This means that every pair of lines rhyme. The twist is that the first letters will spell either your subject or something connected to your poem. I'll compose a couple of quick examples (remember I am not spending much time on these and don't expect you to either : )


Fins fanning with grace and poise
In a wet world that has no noise.

Swimming your way, and going where?

Happy in your tank, with scarcely a care.


Happily sipping from my cup

Only till my drink's used up.

The smooth concoction slips right down

Canceling many a worry and frown.
O happy remedy for winter's chill
Comforting cold bones with a toasty thrill!

Outside I can dream of the warmth that I'll find

As I take off my mittens and leave winter behind!

You can do this! Have fun!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bubbles float with glossy sheen,
Aromas rise in colorless steam,
The warmth deliciously does wrap,
Healing waves around you lap.
-Catherine W-

Anonymous said...

just checking to see if there will be any more new posts? If so, how frequently are new ones put up?

I only recently found this blog and look forward to it ... but hadn't seen any new posts in a while.

The Blog Marm said...

Hi! Generally we shoot for once a week, but sometimes we get behind. Check in again over the next couple of days. And thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

MEEMOM
by Victoria Bowes (age 11)

My meemom is the best!
Especially when she's our guest!
Everything she does is sweet.
Many blessings she gives are such a treat!
Oh, she is so dear to me!
My meemom . . . precious is she!

Anonymous said...

MEEMOM
by Kyle Bowes (age 11)

My grandma is great!
Extraordinary and top-rate.
Excellent and wonderful,
My grandma is also beautiful.
O, yes, she's mine . . .
My lovely Valentine!

The Blog Marm said...

Aww... I think someone has a very blessed MeeMom, too : )

Anonymous said...

Are these "few lines of poetry" supposed to have a specific category? Not sure I can do this, unless you tell me to write about some place or story. I mean, I'd really love to jump in, type away, and be a part of all this fun...but it'd be a lot easier if you told me to write about a thing, or someone.
I'm sorry if all this makes me sound picky, but without specifics this kind of thing's tricky.

The Blog Marm said...

It's okay you didn't see the letters part ... I like your poem. It's clever.