Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Once Upon a Time....


....when I was very young, I loved to listen as my mother read to me from a big red book of fairy tales, which was Number One in a ten-volume encyclopedia-type set called Collier something (if I remember it right). Eventually I learned to read the books myself, and Red Number One became the most worn volume. I can still remember the old-fashioned, whimsical illustrations in The Three Bears, The Three Little Pigs, and The Three Billy Goats Gruff. What was it about threes?

Here's your mission (should you decide to accept it) :

Come up with a new fairy tale (nope, it doesn't have to have fairies or magic in it), titling it something like The Three _______ or The Adventures of the Three ___________.
Your "three" can be animals, but they don't have to be.


Wait, wait.... let me get my jammies and my teddy bear....

Okay, now I'm ready to listen.

2 comments:

The Blog Marm said...

You are kidding! No takers??
You know I wrote one, and it made no sense to anyone, so I took it down.
I think I'll do another one, though, something a little less ambitious....

The Blog Marm said...

Well, guys, I started another one, saved it and have just lost the drive to finish it. Yes, I feel like a quitter, but my brain is too full to spend time on it now. Perhaps another day.....Maybe yours is too full, too. So we'll do something less taxing!