Monday, July 30, 2007

It's Rhymin' Time Again...

Poets?? POETS !!
Where'd you go?
It's time for another poem...

Please use these guidelines as you fashion your lovely verse:

2 stanzas, 4 lines each. That means 8 lines.
Rhyme scheme:
A

B
A
B

C
D
C
D

Which only means that, in each part, the first & third line rhyme, and the second and fourth lines rhyme.
And write it about someone. It can be about the Lord, or it can be about your mom or your
brother or, okay, a pet.
It can be mushy-sweet, tearfully sad, or burst-out-laughing-funny. Or it can be cute. You decide. You can give it a title. Or not. You can make it like a letter to someone, or a
description of someone.
Just make it yours. Okay, wow me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dusky brown ghosts,
Glide through glades,
Of leafy green hosts,
As sunlight fades.

Stopping to test,
The wind as it blows,
And quietly rest,
Under shadows of rose.

-Catherine Wilson-

Anonymous said...

The Shirk

I want to play
adventure is for me
I have today
the sun is shining there's so much to see

Are you telling me no?!
pointing me to work?
don't let it be so,
Alas, I think, from work I will shirk.