Monday, June 18, 2007

Write Right, All RIght?


Thanks for the beautiful psalms you posted. I was very blessed.

Okay, time for something easy.
Time to try your hand at making a sentence that uses a word (or something that sounds like the word) in more than one way. A little like our recent puns, but not exactly. Personally, I get very confused by the whole homophone / homonym thing, but you can use words that are spelled the same - or not. They just have to sound alike. You can post as many times as you want, and seek to be original or interesting. You can write a sentence, a poem, a song if you like. Use two or more words that sound the same. You might even have 3 pairs of words in your sentence.

But think along these lines:

I blew that silly balloon until my face was blue!
OR
How I long for the long days of summer.

Now, surprise us with how original you can be!

9 comments:

Dee Dee said...

I knew the zoo took great pride in their new gnu, but the leaving mothers pried their children's fingers from the railings around the lion pride exhibit; the zookeeper told me that, and he couldn't be lyin'.
(Okay, it's kinda pitiful, but did you find 3 sets?)

Anonymous said...

1.knew, new, gnu
2.lion, lyin
3. pride,pried, pride
Did we get them all????

Josh & mom

Anonymous said...

In an inn in my room,I ate a pair of pears, while pairing up my socks.When I finished the pears I ate eight pieces of meat before I left to meet my friend Sam.
Joshua S.

Anonymous said...

I lost my peace, when I saw a fly,fly and land on my own piece of bread, while all the time hoping that it had not bred germs.
Cathy S

Anonymous said...

A dog lapped the water as it lapped against my lap while I watched the swimmers swim laps around the lake. Now they're all coming inside to get their water guns so they can go back out there and battle each other in the yard. Whether the weather is good for it only they can decide. The cool ones who prefer to skate board think it's too cool out so they're inside playing board games because they're bored. :)

Anonymous said...

I saw the hammer and saw that someone had left in the middle of the see-saw.

The Blog Marm said...

(Yep, you got them all. And you are all doing a great job!! We're smiling over here.)

Anonymous said...

The red sign read "stop" but the distracted driver didn't brake which in turn, caused his fender to break.
-Catherine W-

Anonymous said...

After eating my very orange orange,I picked up a toothpick and began picking at my teeth.