Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Calling All Poets


Great job! Okay, groaning time is over (I loved it). Ready for a new challenge? I am.

How are you at writing limericks?

Just remember, a limerick is a poem (often humorous) where lines 1, 2 & 5 rhyme with each other; and then lines 3 & 4, which are shorter, rhyme with each other. So the rhyme scheme is:

A
A
B
B
A


I've written one below, to show you how easy it is (Mine is not great art, but, hey, yours doesn't have to be either! : )


There was once a young green iguana
Who sneaked into his master's large sauna
When his owner - quite steamed -
Nearly sat on him, he screamed:
"GET OUT!"... but the lizard just didn't wanna.


Start your engines........... and we're off !




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, come on.
I'll do another one, just to show you how easy!

A certain tired mother assessed
That she was not getting her rest.
So she snuggled down again
And slept until ten
And woke feeling happy and blessed.
:)

Anonymous said...

There once was a feisty young parrot
Who's favorite meal was a carrot
He'd often play dead
And his owner, she said
Next time I'll get a feisty young ferret!
-Catherine W-

Anonymous said...

My limericking skills are rotten
Iv'e thinked and I've thunked and I've thoughten
Still I'll give it a go
If you promise me though
My effort will soon be forgotten!
Cathy S

Anonymous said...

I once had a dream
of cookies 'n' cream
it was so delicious!
though hardly nutritious...
then I woke up with a scream!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...well, here's one I wrote when I was 10:

Timothy said he fought a bear;
But if he had, he would have hair
All over his body:
He is very naughty
To lie about fighting a bear!

Impressive, isn't it...? :D

Ben said...

that is impressive

Ben said...

There once was a lady of Spain
Who couldn't tell syrup from rain
So she'd eat breakfast tacos
In a field in Morocco
'Cause rain there falls most on the plain

Anonymous said...

Wow.